Horný hodrušský tajch

River-basin: Hron

Horný Hodrušský water reservoir – it was built on the turn of the 16th and 17th centuries, the first mention dates back to 1617, in 1706 and then in 1736 it is mentioned making its dyke higher under supervision of Samuel Mikovini in order to increase its capacity. After 1960 it was let out because of digging mining works in the surroundings of the Rozália mine, it remained empty till 2005 when its preserved dyke was restored for the needs of the ski center above the Rozália mine. Its present volume and area reaches just a third of its original parameters. Its present volume is about 80.000 m, its original volume was 255.000 m³.